Everybody wants to know, what are the latest celebrity diet trends to shed pounds?
Living in Hollywood and being a star doesn’t mean you are safe from gaining a few pounds here and there. Even the most glamorous stars need to battle the chub once in a while. Whether they need to slim down for a movie role or they are trying to fit back into their designer clothes after giving birth to their babies, these celebrities are doing whatever it takes to get and stay as thin as possible.
Here’s a list of celebrity diet trends including everything from the raw food diet to prepared meals:
List of celebrity diet trends
The Paleolithic diet
This diet is followed by many celebrities. It, in many ways, resembles Atkins and other low-carb diets and is red-hot right now despite the fact that it is hardly new as it was already popular in the 1970s! Celebs like Matthew McConaughey, Miley Cyrus and Jessica Biel are doing everything Paleo right now.
The Paleo diet’s idea is to go back to pre-agricultural way of eating so we can avoid some of the bad eating habits of modern civilization. It consists of fish, grass-fed, pasture raised beef, vegetables, fruit, mushrooms, nuts and roots, while eschewing grains, legumes, potatoes, refined salt, refined sugar, processed oils, grain-fed meats and, in most cases, dairy products.
Cutting out foods, adding proteins and a personal trainer
- Jennifer Hudson dropped five dress sizes by cutting out fried foods and instead opting for low fat and low calorie meals with a palm-size serving of protein, vegetable and carbohydrate. She helped boost her metabolism with the help of a personal trainer and Weight Watchers.
- Charlotte Church dropped two sizes after taking up lots of walking and swimming and adding more protein to her diet.
- Melanie Chisholm has snapped back into her pre-motherhood shape by eating well and exercising regularly three to five times a week.
- Ulrika also shed the post-birth weight through a combination of healthy eating, exercise… and a breast reduction!
- Sophie Dahl began her catwalk career at the age of 19 as a voluptuous size 16, but now she is fantastically slim. Sophie took diet advice from Doctor David Marshall, who helped her to shed three dress sizes by encouraging her to drink green tea, which helps to flush toxins from the body and speed up the metabolism.
- Kerry Katona used a combination of surgery, exercise and dieting to lose the pounds. Kerry also asked for the help of a personal trainer to help her tone her figure.
- Kylie Minogue has revealed she achieves her famously fit figure through Pilates and occasional gym sessions. Minogue is very strict about her eating plan and says she enjoys a diet filled with fish and green vegetables.
Raw food celebrity diet trends
Woody Harrelson, Sting, Donna Karan and Robin Williams have something in common besides being celebs: They are all on the raw food diet. This is a completely vegetarian diet and includes no food that is cooked at temperatures higher than 118°C.
Dukan Diet for Kate Middleton
Duchess Kate Middleton is known for being incredibly slim. She reportedly turned to French-based Dukan Diet after her engagement with Prince William, but we hope she is now dropping any kind of diet as she is presently expecting the next English baby princess.
Weight Loss companies celebs choose
- Julianne Hough chooses the meal delivery service, The Fresh Diet, to keep her calories and portions in control. The service provides freshly prepared meals of your choosing right to your doorstep, starting at just $35 a day.
- Singer Katy Perry supplements her workouts with 5 Factor Diet. It provides her with five daily easy-to-prep meals that are rich in five key nutrients, including protein and fiber.
- Janet Jackson chose Nutrisystem to provide her with heat-and-eat foods, plus online nutritional and dieting advice. Plans will run you around $300 a month.
- Mariah Carey used weight-loss company Jenny (formerly Jenny Craig) to shed her baby weight after giving birth to twins. Jenny provides face-to-face coaching or phone call check-ins with weight loss consultants to accompany their meal delivery service. Programs start at $30, plus the cost of food.
- Victoria Beckham used The Five Hands Diet which allows the dieter only five handfuls of food per day to lose her reported gained 30-pounds on her super-slim frame while pregnant with daughter Harper Seven.
Whether you think celebrities are crazy or brave (or both!) for going to such lengths to maintain their enviable shape and size, you certainly have a wide variety of celebrity diet trends to choose from!